I found this picture posted by a friend in Facebook, and I thought of keeping it here in my Notepad, so when God takes something away from me, instead of wailing and thinking about my loss over and over and over again (this is a weakness I find so hard to change- the incapability to move on quickly) I can remind myself of the following:
- Trust God, have FAITH, let go.
- God has a BETTER BLESSING in store for you (a blessing that could only come once you’ve learned to let go of whatever it was that you’ve lost).
- God knows best. (Anything he takes away from you is either no longer good for you or is hindering you to grow.)
(A reflection from the “Siete Palabras” mass last Good Friday.)
(from the book I DECLARE by Joel Osteen)
I declare I walk in the blessing of almighty God. I declare I am filled with wisdom, I make good choices, I have a clear direction.
I declare my family and I are blessed with creativity, with good ideas, woth courage, with strength, with ability.
I declare I am blessed with good health, a good family, good friends and a long life.
I declare I am blessed with promotion, with success, with an obedient heart and with a positive outlook.
I declare whatever I put my hands into will prosper and succeed. I am blessed in the cityand blessed in the field. I am blessed when I go in and when I go out.
I declare I will lend and not borrow. I will be above and not beneath.
I declare the negative things that have been in my family even for generations will no longer have any effect on us and the generations after.
I declare right now that every negative word, every curse that has ever been spoken over me and my family is broken in the name of Jesus.
I declare that from this day forward, I will experience a new sense of freedom, a new happiness and a new fulfillment.
I declare I am blessed, In Jesus name, amen.
(Taken from the article “My One Advice For A Fantastic Life: Be Kind” by Bo Sanchez)
I have 6 big recommendations for you. If you do these simple habits, your family life will be healed and blessed.
- To Children: Say, “I love you” to your parents at least once a day.
- To Adult Children: Date your parents at least once a week; just so you can talk and laugh and be together.
- To Parents: Hug your kids at least twice each day—once before they leave the house (to fill their love tank before they conquer the world) and once when they arrive home (to heal their battle wounds).
- To Parents: Pray over your kids once each day. Place your hands over their heads and declare God’s blessing to them.
- To Married Couples: Praise your spouse at least 3 times a day. Never take each other for granted. You need to appreciate your spouse daily!
- To Married Couples: Have a romantic date once a week. It doesn’t have to be expensive. A simple snack or desert will do. As long as you can chat and hold hands again.
Show kindness everyday.
(insights from books, articles and power talks by Joel Osteen and Bo Sanchez)
I believe that miracles are just right before our faces, right within our grasp. God actually has a warehouse of blessings just for us, and He desires to outpour these blessings, these miracles into our lives. But a lot of us fail to see and experience it.
The good news is God gave us the power to create miracles. Yes! We can achieve the miracles we want for our lives. Do you want a great future, a great family, a great financial life? We have the power to unlock these blessings. How? Let me share with you 4 strategies (I learned these both from Joel and Bo).
Read More »