(Taken from the article “My One Advice For A Fantastic Life: Be Kind” by Bo Sanchez)
I have 6 big recommendations for you. If you do these simple habits, your family life will be healed and blessed.
- To Children: Say, “I love you” to your parents at least once a day.
- To Adult Children: Date your parents at least once a week; just so you can talk and laugh and be together.
- To Parents: Hug your kids at least twice each day—once before they leave the house (to fill their love tank before they conquer the world) and once when they arrive home (to heal their battle wounds).
- To Parents: Pray over your kids once each day. Place your hands over their heads and declare God’s blessing to them.
- To Married Couples: Praise your spouse at least 3 times a day. Never take each other for granted. You need to appreciate your spouse daily!
- To Married Couples: Have a romantic date once a week. It doesn’t have to be expensive. A simple snack or desert will do. As long as you can chat and hold hands again.
Show kindness everyday.